- As a member of a 4WD club we support four wheel driving and touring as a responsible and legitimate recreational activity.
- Your vehicle should have comprehensive or third party fire and theft insurance.
- Abide by the laws and regulations pertaining to 4WD vehicles.
- Keep to constructed vehicle tracks. Do not drive ‘off road’ unless permission is granted from the landowner or land management authority.
- Keep the environment clean. Carry your own and maybe other people’s rubbish home.
- Obey restrictions on use of public lands. Respect national parks and other conservation areas.
- Obtain permission before driving on private land. Leave livestock alone and gates as found.
- Keep your vehicle mechanically and legally roadworthy.
- Take adequate water, food, fuel, relevant spare parts, tools and first aid kit on trips. In remote areas travel with another vehicle.
- Respect our wildlife. Stop and look, but never disturb or chase animals.
- Respect other peoples’ rights to peace and solitude in the bush.
- Obey all fire restrictions. Extinguish your fire before leaving. Don’t let your exhaust emit sparks.
THIS CODE IS VALUABLE ONLY IF WE OBSERVE IT